Would you like an email notification of new blog entries?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Radiation Appointment #1

Hi all,

Last week, I went for my "Set Up" appointment for radiation.  Basically, you get 'marked' so that they can prepare for your radiation treatments.  The marks are semi-permanent and you're told not to scrub that area or use soap there.  So, I have 3 blue "plus sign" shaped marks to help them align the machines.  They have you lay on a board that sends you through a CT Scan machine.  Your feet are bound with a giant rubber band, and your hands are raised above your head.  The scan doesn't take too long. 

This Thursday, I'll go for the "Simulation" appointment and then finally begin radiation on Monday, October 17.  I'll go for 33 times (Monday - Friday) which I think will take me to the beginning of December. 

I'm excited to finally get to meet one of my new-found friends who is having her radiation treatments at the 3:30 time slot each day....my time slot is 3:00...so I'm looking forward to finally getting to hug her! 

Soon, I hope to meet another of my new-found friends during one of her upcoming chemo treatments. 

Lots of wonderful people have come into my life as a result of my cancer experience.  Looking forward to meeting these two special ladies soooooon.

:) Happy Tuesday, everybody!

PS --- Don't forget to do your mammogram....and your BSE (breast self exam) regularly!

No comments:

Post a Comment