Would you like an email notification of new blog entries?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Doctor's Appointment

I had my 'in between treatments' appointment today. 

Dr. Butler said my bloodwork looked 'great' meaning my white blood cell counts were good. 

I asked him a handful of questions:

  • Side effects of runny nose and hot flashes.....He said the runny nose would just have to work itself out....and he gave me a prescription for helping with the hot flashes.  I was happy to have the prescription until the pharmacist told me that a side effect of the medicine is that it increases your appetite.  :(  Ugh.  I don't need that!
  • When will radiation begin?   About a month after my last treatment.....and the computer will generate the number of times I will go....he said five or six weeks...and that I could go after school.
  • How long do you think I had the cancer/tumor before I found it?   He said probably five years.  Mercy...isn't that crazy to think about?
  • How often will I be screened for recurrence?  He said three month intervals....I think they increase the intervals over time.
My last chemo treatment is this coming Monday!  I'll get to "ring the bell" ... I'm looking forward to that! 

2 comments:

  1. Ring it LOUD, girl!!! You've done incredibly well through all your treatments. I'm so proud of you- you're my hero!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a warrior and a hero- no doubt, Angela! With a spirit that has helped you to get through it and encourage others! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete