Would you like an email notification of new blog entries?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011


This is where Dusty and Ann and the other dedicated, talented nurses
do so much of their work....returning voicemails, calling in prescriptions,
charting, and calling patients back, calling them, "Honey, sweetie, and
making them feel good and taken care of!"

This wooden cross was hand crafted by Big Daddy Lane,
the late husband of Mrs. Linda Lane and my dear friend,
Amy's beloved Daddy.  Mrs. Lane mailed it to me
after learning about my diagnosis.  I have it with me almost
always.  Today it found the perfect place on
Jakki's quilt beside an amazing verse.

My caregiver. 

You would think that HE is the serious one in our relationship.
To the contrary, he is the SILLY, FUN one!

He has taken great care of me, both emotionally and physically.
His Momma would be proud of him. 
I know his family in the upstate is proud of
what a great husband and daddy he has become!
Tracy stopped by after learning some WONDERFUL news
from her surgeon (also my surgeon).  How great to
have the company of a dear friend on a special day!


Ronnie.
I love you!
Thank you for being such a good friend!

My Dad took this picture of me and my oncology nurses!
Dusty is on the left.......Ann is on the right.
They have taken the BEST CARE of me - HANDS DOWN. 
I can't express how much I adore these ladies!
Thank you for the professionalism and the humor and the expertise!

Three of my SCOA angels!
Ann, Norma, Dusty
You three ladies bring humanity to what you do......
you show each person you care for individual attention
that takes extra effort on your part, but makes a world of
difference to each one of us.
I love y'all!

Daddy went by and picked up the girls from home where they were with
Mrs. Vance.  She had them dressed and hair-do'd....and I'm so glad
Daddy was able to help get them to the Bell Ringing Time.

An artsy moment with Grandaddy and Molly


Ringing the Bell is the way that you commemorate your last chemotherapy treatment!
I was thrilled to have some family there with me to make the moment even more special.

So many more people have been behind the scenes...this collage is just quickly put together
with the pictures I had from my treatments at SCOA.

As Elmer Fudd says, "That's all folks!"


No comments:

Post a Comment