Would you like an email notification of new blog entries?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Local Hero & Heroic Family

One of my friends from school has been through over three years of chemo with her sweet son.  She has been faithful during my treatments checking on me, bringing us treats and just listening to my concerns.   She and her family have endured an unbelievable amount of trying times as they helped their youngest member of the family through his fight with luekemia. 

His humble Momma has shared some of what it was like to go through such a difficult time.  She shares it matter of factly and I have been amazed as I learn more about what it was like for her family during that time. 

My little hero went through much more than I will and he is doing FANTASTIC.  I love his hugs.  Before my surgery for my port placement, he brought his port to school to show me.  It was so cool that I was learning from him....and it really did help me understand what it was that the doctors and nurses were going to be using for my chemo.
Here are some pictures from our recent visit...these guys are great for many reasons, but for Macy and Molly especially.  See, they have energy that I just don't have.  They're FUN, and it was great to see them playing together!



1 comment:

  1. Precious! So glad they all got to spend time together. Oh, my mom has that zebra bouncy thing at her house- Patrick LOVESSS it! Isn't it the funniest thing? Love you!

    ReplyDelete