Would you like an email notification of new blog entries?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tomorrow's a Big Day

Tomorrow, I will be going back to teaching.  It will be a week and a half since my final chemo treatment and I am glad to say that I am feeling a good bit better and feel like my 'normal' is returning slowly.  Glad to feel that!!  Today, I'll go up and just say hello to the students so that they know who will be waiting for them in the classroom tomorrow morning...and then I'll meet with my awesome substitute to learn what all she's done so that I can pick up where she will be leaving off. 

Even though I'd give anything to be able to stay home with my girls, that is just not possible.  So, it is a good thing that I do love teaching and I am looking forward to getting back in the saddle.  I work with some truly wonderful people and it will be good for me to be back in a structured, busy environment since my mind has too much going on thinking about things that I'd like to take a break from. 

Next Tuesday, I have an appointment with Dr. Butler and we will discuss when my radiation will begin and I suppose I'll have an appointment to meet with the radiation oncologist....which will then lead to another preliminary appointment and then finally, I'll be able to get the radiation show on the road.  Dr. Butler said I'll probably do 6 weeks of radiation...which is every day after school.  THEN, I can say that I'm done...so to speak. 

I'm so thankful to have had this summer and a little bit of extra time with my girls.  Last night, we spent some quality time in our little hallway, laughing HARD.  They love to be chased and then give in and come running, falling into you.

Today is my Dad's birthday!  We're going to surprise him with some sweet treats at his job site before heading up to the school. 

Here's a fun, happy, nothing to do with cancer, video of my girls in the grocery store cart yesterday.  It kind of seems, though, that the extreme joy this brings me should heal anything yucky in my body.


Oh, here's another funny thing about yesterday!  (Yesterday was a great day for many reasons, including the beginning of feeling better.)  When I stopped to get some deli turkey yesterday, the lady working at the counter said, "So where are you in your treatment?"  When somebody says something like that, you know they've had a personal experience with cancer.  So, I asked her and she said that her Mom had gone through chemotherapy two times.  We talked for a bit about side effects and hair loss.  At the end of the conversation, she said, "At least you have the b_lls to go out and about bald."  I smiled really big and thought WHAT A COMPLIMENT....not worded the way I would've said it, but I liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment