Would you like an email notification of new blog entries?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October - Breast Cancer Awareness Month


 Well.....this month, I have been given lots of support in many ways.  One of the most recent and truly humbling ones was when one of the 5th grade students, Kayley, and her Mom (a former coworker) got in touch with me to let me know that Kayley's softball team was going to play in a Breast Cancer Awareness Fundraiser Softball Tournament in my honor.....and raise money for the cause in my honor! 

Kayley's Mom emailed me and said that the Coach wanted me to know that he'd like for me to join them in the dugout during the tournament, but the tournament was two hours away on a day that Charles had to work....so, knowing I couldn't handle that trip on my own....I asked if maybe I could talk to the girls before their trip to Spartanburg. 

So, Kayley's Mom and the Coach made arrangements and I went to talk with them at her house this past week.  I was totally blown away by the kindness shown to me and by the fact that they had put my name on the back of their Team shirt!  WOW! 


I talked to the girls for a while and several of the parents watched Macy and Molly for me during my talk.  The girls asked some great questions and the parents stood behind them, very supportive.  The Coach couldn't have been warmer to me...and they revealed how much they had raised ..... all combined, with the Coach sponsoring a whole additional team for that weekend, they raised over $400 for the cause of Breast Cancer!  I was thrilled to have this experience and hope that by the time these girls are young women, they will not need to worry about finding a cure for cancer.


Can you see my name on the back of Coach's shirt?
That's sweet Kayley to his left.

This group of parents and players along with their Coach will never know how much they touched my life. 

I am so thankful for this chance to meet such wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment