Would you like an email notification of new blog entries?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Last Hair Days


Reading about hair loss due to chemotherapy, I learned that your scalp may tingle before the loss begins.  The tingling for me was more like soreness and sensitivity.  So, as I mentioned in an earlier post, a few nights ago, I started feeling the soreness.  Then, on Friday, strands of hair started coming out.  Not a lot, but more than just typical when I ran my fingers through my hair.  By Saturday, I could tell a definite increase in how much was coming out.  I thought I was ready for Charles to shave my hair that night, but I decided to wait until after my chemotherapy appointment so that I didn't make my public debut as a bald person at the same time as going in for my 2nd treatment.  So, our new plan is to shave it Monday night after we all settle back at home.  Charles is going to Charlotte to take Molly for her DOC Band appointment.  My friend, TE, is going to be my Chemo Chauffer.  :)

This picture was taken by Mrs. Hendrix at Beth and Wes' house in Hartsville.
Molly, Macy and I packed up and traveled to visit new little Bailee and take pictures.
My hair had really started to let go this day and I knew my new short 'do
was soon to be a thing of the past.

Our little family on June 4, 2011. 
I got an email from one of my former students today after she read my blog posts here.  Her words, like yours, were incredibly encouraging to me.  I owe many people 'replies' to emails and texts...and thank you notes, and other responses.  Please know that if you have left a comment here, I've read it several times and am so glad you're here with me in cyberspace.  I truly do savor your words, thoughts, prayers, and encouragment.  Don't stop!  :)  You're fueling my journey!

Much love,
Angela

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, today!! In fact, as I was lieing (laying? I can never keep those two straight!) in bed at 5:30 this morning, listening to PK and hoping he'd go back to sleep, I said a few prayers for you. Mwah! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I have been thinking about you today. I hope all went ok. I know by now you are probably done with your new hair cut. I know you still look just as beautiful. You are still Charles' wife and Macy and Molly's mom!! YOU are still the one they love. I pray for your family and am proud of you for all that you are doing to make us aware of what is going on in your life. I love you!

    ReplyDelete