Would you like an email notification of new blog entries?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

It Takes a Village - Very True!

Hi everyone,

I am beginning to realize that I'm entering a new phase of my treatment.

Here's what I mean:
  • more fatigue...tiredness...weakness
  • more tummy trouble
  • new side effects, such as intense itching & swelling of hands at joints...which turned into a severe allergic reaction to one of my chemo drugs
  • maybe a little bit o' depression sinking in....I'm fighting it
  • I'm tired of wearing wigs and hats....so I'm going around bald more often.... :) 
So, what I'm getting at is that I need more help now than I have needed in the past.

Things that are harder for me now (during the first 8 days of a treatment) :
  • dressing the girls or putting them in their pajamas
  • given them a bath is absolutely exhuasting for me
  • vacuuming
  • feeding times are becoming more difficult
Here's the dates that I need to ask for help following my 4th treatment:

*I hope that two people could sign up for the same time because it is a lot more fun that way, trust me!

July 20 - Wednesday - 11:30 - 3:30  Thank you AF & KA!   3:30 - 6:30 Thank you LR and NC!
July 21 - Thursday - 11:30 - 4:30  Thank you KB and JB!  4:30 - 8:30 Thank you LE and TE!
July 22 - Friday - 12:00 - 4:00 Thank you KW and TN!
July 23 - Saturday - 12:00 - 3:00 Thank you TP!

*If you get sick or have a sick family member, please let me know before coming so that I can find a replacement for you.  Thanks so much!

I am so thankful that I have you in my life.  Having  people who are willing to come and help me means so very much to me.  I truly mean it and appreciate you checking my blog.  I hope to be able to at least pay it forward in the near future. 

Much love,
Angela

*Update - My severe (crazy, painful and ugly) allergic reaction is under control and diminishing as I type this.  They hooked me up and gave me IV steroids and benadryl along with a prescription steroid.  I was so impressed with Nurse Anne's quick response to my messages and being seen immediately.  They told me they hadn't seen a reaction to that degree before!  I felt very special.  Ha ha.  I generally do fall in the 'rare' category.

*Special Request - If you are praying for me, please put Charles' name in your prayers - ahead of mine!  He has so much to deal with....a bald wife....a weak wife...a wife who has gained weight.....a wife who can't wait to see him come through the door so he can help with the girls....an emotional wife.....all kinds of stuff like that.  I try to imagine what it is like for him, but I can't.  He seems to be doing fine, but some support for him would be awesome.  Thanks, y'all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you are having those problems but glad they seem to be under control. I am actually a little less tired and weak after my fifth treatment than my fourth! Just hang in there; you're halfway and it will be over soon. I will keep you, Charles and the girls in my prayers. A friend gave me a pretty jar with slips of paper with scriptures on each slip. Before every Chemo I take one with me to read. Here's a good one: "I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 I pray that will lift your spirits. I understand what you're goint through. BTW you look a lot cuter bald than I do. LOL Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete