Would you like an email notification of new blog entries?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

3rd Chemo Treatment

The night before my 3rd chemo treatment, I spent a lot of time researching my type of breast cancer, "triple negative" and learned some things that really caused me some concern.  I blogged about it but haven't posted it yet.....

Funny thing is, all those concerns were brought down many notches when a lady approached me as my friend, Sharon and I, waited at the reception desk.  This lady approached me and was saying kind things about my quilt, made by my teaching partner and friend, Jakki.  As I told her about it, she asked me how I was....and then shared with us that she was diagnosed with cancer in 2000 or so, and that it had spread to several (like 5) areas of her body.  She did EIGHTEEN MONTHS OF CHEMOTHERAPY.   I cannot fathom that.  She was there for her regular 4 month check up and was doing great.  She looked fantastic.

Well....my little 3.5" tumor....removed with clear margins.....faded again into the backdrop.

I was very thankful to have my college roommate and faithful, macaroni-and-cheese-makin', friend, Sharon with me.  She is a calm soul who has always been there for me......easy to talk to......sweet and hard headed.....I'm so glad she could go with me!

Me and Sharon....under our warm blankets!  Nice!

Sharon made sure that the nurses were doing things correctly..... :)

Pam, chemo-veteran, came to visit me during this treatment!
What a treat!  I know it isn't fun to come back into this place once you've finished.
She runs triathalons now.....mercy!  I'm so impressed by her!

My new, sweet friend, Norma! 
Thank you for your friendship and help! 
My sister, Ginger, came down from Massachusetts to help me with my three hardest days of treatment #3....and she did such a wonderful job.   She allowed me to walk around with my bald head....rest for hours at a time....while she tended to and loved on Macy and Molly.  She gave up time with her son and husband to come here and work hard to let me rest.  It was so incredibly helpful! 
Ginger worked so hard while she was here....selflessly doing anything I needed....
bathing two one year olds is exhausting,
and she did it with a smile and giggles!

Molly has been waving for quite some time now, but it also is her looking for a high five!
Daddy and Mary came to visit and were treated to a wonderful, huge, homecooked meal, thanks to
sweet Janette Smith.... and Ginger was able to visit with them for a bit, which was great.

Ginger was determined to make helping me a priority.....she didn't want to leave
or make plans to do anything away from our house....she even went with me to
take the girls to the doctor, which is HUGE HELP.....
I can't thank you enough, sis!  Love you

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a wonderful gift to have such loving family and friends! BUT if reflects and is telling about what a kind, sweet soul that YOU are!! And good grief- WHO couldn't love bathing and giggling with those sweet little angels?!
    So blessed to have met you and share such a tiny, tiny part in your life and journey!
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continually amaze me with your ubiquitous humility and gratitude ... you are a role model in so many ways! Hang in there (I know you will)!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete