Would you like an email notification of new blog entries?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Anyone, Anyone? :)

Hi everybody,

I'm in need of someone to watch the girls from 4:00 - 6:30 PM on Friday, May 20.  I would meet you at my house that afternoon, go over things with you, and need to leave shortly before 4:30. 

This is the day that I was able to schedule a consultation with someone to help me make decisions about my hair loss.  His name is Ken Dennis and he is a cancer survivor as well as a cosmetologist!  He came highly recommended by a friend.

If you are interested and able, please email me: thehappyclicker@gmail.com

My chemotherapy starts next Wednesday, May 18 and will continue through September.  I'll be keeping a log of how each day of that first cycle goes so that I know what I'll need and when.  They say that the first cycle is a good indicator of how the future cycles will be, with regards to which days are the hardest.

The surgeon checked my incisions yesterday and said all was well.  The nurse/angel/Daphne told me that you're actually inclined upside down during the port surgery.....so that your jugular vein bulges to help them with placement of the catheter.  Isn't that a crazy thing to think about?  Don't you want to know who was the first one to suggest such a thing?  :)

Hope you are doing well.  It is so nice of you to check in. :)

***UPDATE - A good samaritan has taken care of this need.  YAY, thanks KW! ***

2 comments:

  1. Love to you girl. So glad that KW volunteered for tomorrow, otherwise, I was going to figure out how to get off work early and come help you out! I am glad you crossed paths with Ken--sounds great! I cannot wait to see you on Sunday. Thanks for keeping us updated and thanks for making me stop, think about how precious and special life is, and realize how thankful I am for friends and family like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Wednesday!! We'll be thinking of you and sending our love :-)

    ReplyDelete