Would you like an email notification of new blog entries?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I know you're thinkin' 'bout me....

Hi everybody,

I know many of you are thinking of me because you know that tomorrow, May 18, is my 1st chemo treatment.  I am ready to get the show on the road!! 

Thank you for your cards, emails, texts, prayers, and countless (truly) acts of kindness.  I am amazed by how many people have remembered that tomorrow is my first round.

Today, I got just what the doctor ordered when Mrs. Dixon brought her class to my door and they were holding signs that said "We Love You Mrs. McCall" and they read me journal entries and one sweet boy sang a song to me in my ear!  Mrs. Dixon's Mom just finished her chemotherapy and so she knows what I'm headed for....that was a great way to prepare my heart for tomorrow.  


I have a handmade quilt by Martha Stewart, aka, Jakki Wiseman...that many of my colleagues signed with inspirational quotes, verses from the Bible and other encouraging words.  My school colleagues, led by my principal, are doing a "Pink Out" tomorrow (they're all going to wear pink) in order to show support for my treatments.  WOW, as Macy would say.

I am not scared....so do not worry.  My fear is the fatigue hitting me and needing to take care of Macy and Molly - whose BIRTHDAY IS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wooooo hooooo!  Thanks to Tanja Vance who brought them to my school so I could see them in the middle of the day!  We celebrated with Mac-n-Cheese and Fudge Rounds.  All is well in the world.  :)

I'll update again soon.  Thank you, truly.

2 comments:

  1. I am definately thinking about you. Adalae and Dutch pray for you every night. Tonight they both said an extra prayer for you. Dutch even added (on his own) for "Teensy" and Mama to have a good day Saturday watching your girls. He is hilarious. Duncan is praying for you, too. He says his prayers himself. (You know... he is all grown up). When I told Dutch I had him a pink shirt for tomorrow, Duncan wanted to know why I had not gotten him one. I felt bad. He could have done a "Pink Out" at LEMS. He will still be thinking about you. We love you, and I admire your strength. See you soon!!
    And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACY AND MOLLY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you and hope you are getting some rest. xoxoox So proud of you too.

    ReplyDelete