Would you like an email notification of new blog entries?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Not Much of an Update....

Hi everyone :)

Couple 'o reasons for this post:

  • The request I made for help for Saturday, May 21 has been taken care of by several folks and I truly appreciate it!
  • Some people have wondered why I chose this way to post my needs for help....and it truly is intentional.  I don't want to put people on the spot....and I know that enough people have told me that they read the blog on a fairly regular basis.....so, I know that it is very likely that when I post a need, that a good Samaritan will happen by and help me.  This way, if you're thinking you may have some time to help me, you can just check in to see if there's a need.
  • The chemotherapy education nurse said to keep a log of how I did and was feeling each day after the first chemo treatment because that was pretty much what I could expect for the rest of the treatments.  So, I plan on using that as a predictor of future times of need. 
  • Update on how I'm doing because I know those of you who don't see me on a daily basis are sometimes picturing me as a pathetic soul (just kidding).  Today, I feel better than I have in a good many days.  That "port placement" surgery was rough.  My shoulder still hurts and the port area is very sensitive, especially when bumped by toddler heads.  But, I could tell a difference when I woke up this morning.  Yay!
  • I have an appointment coming up with the surgeon, Dr. Sweatman, to check on the surgery sites....I'm hoping that can be this coming Monday, May 9.
  • 14 days til Macy and Molly's birthday....15 days til the first chemo treatment.....25 days til the end of school!
I'm hoping to make an appointment to get help selecting a wig.  I know I'll need to find someone who could stay with the girls.  I need to do that before the end of May because that'll be when the hair loss will probably begin.....stay tuned for more fun info!  :)

Oh!  Here's a picture of my little family taken yesterday by my sister in law, Krissy.  I wanted pictures of us before the girls turned one (!!) and my hair turned loose.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to read that you are feeling better. Love you! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update. I LOVE seeing you everyday. I will truly miss that when school is out. Adalae and I are so excited about coming to play with the girls on the 21st. I hope I will be able to do some other things for you on your journey. I am so proud of you. You are truly a person that inspires me. I thought this before this came up in your life, but NOW, WOW-- that is all I can say. I know you have moments, but you surely do hold it together for us. My family and I will continue to pray for you. We are also praying for Charles and the girls. Keep us posted- you know this is how I stay in touch. Thanks for taking time to do it for us. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, I don't think I got around to telling you that Dr. Sweatman was also my surgeon when I had my thyroidectomy. I thought he was really good at the time (many years ago) and I'm sure he still is! You look so beautiful in these pictures -- thank you for sharing them and your story. I want to come and help with M and M this summer...I'll get with you about a day later this month. Love you!

    ReplyDelete