Would you like an email notification of new blog entries?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Each Day of My First Round

Each Day of Treatment - Cycle 1
*You're encouraged to keep a journal of how your first treatment affects you because it is indicative of how your others will go. 

Day 1  (May 18, 2011)
Very medicine head feeling....hard to focus
Very woozy - pretty much cleared by the end of the day
Neulasta shot given in the morning

Day 2  (May 19, 2011)
Achy - lots of places, even my teeth
Loose bowels
Loss of taste
Eyes drying out
Groggy, very hard to drive near the end of the day
Fatigue

*Sweet friends came and watched the girls so that I could go meet with Ken @ AHC to come up with a plan to deal with my hair loss.   THANK YOU!

Day 3  (May 20, 2011)
Achy but not as bad as day 2
Headache pains occasionally
Aching of scalp
Loss of taste
Fatigue
*Dear friends came and helped with the girls and let me take a nap - THANK YOU!

Day 4  (May 21, 2011)
Mostly fatigue - I hate fatigue - I HATE fatigue
Emotional and overwhelmed
Sporadic aches

*Major realization of my appreciation for Charles...."in sickness and in health" went through my mind many times today. 

Day 5  (May 22, 2011)
Pretty good day....felt almost normal.....except for fatigue - I hate fatigue

Day 6  (May 23, 2011)
Started off pretty good.....we had a field trip at school....and around 1:30 my back started having spasms that were pretty intense at times.  I thought they had subsided, but actually, they continued through the afternoon and evening and resulted in me being somewhat weepy, exhausted and CRANKY.  I took a strong pain pill when I got home around 9 pm and it helped.

Very bad cranky.  Pray for Charles....please.

Day 7  (May 24, 2011)
Tired
Very dry mouth
A few back spasms...but not as many....just a few really strong ones

Day 8 (May 25, 2011)
Tired
Dry mouth, dry heels, sore tongue, dry nose
Food doesn't taste right, but appetite is fine

Day 9 (May 26, 2011)
Tired
Dry mouth, dry heels, sore tongue, dry nose
Food doesn't taste right, but appetite is fine

Day 10 (May 27, 2011) Last Day of School
Tired
Dry mouth, dry heels, sore tongue, dry nose
Food starting to taste right

Day 11 (May 28, 2011) SUMMER!!
Feeling pretty good! 
First day of SUMMER VACATION!

Days 12, 13, 14, & 15
I feel completely normal...except my memory is bad
As I type this, it is day 15, and I still have my hair.....it is quite a feeling to be waiting on your hair to 'let go'.
Supposedly, your skin starts to tingle before your hair starts to fall out....I will let you know!

Day 16  (June 2, 2011)
My head is tingling a little and sore on top....

Day 17 (June 3, 2011)
Hair is coming out in 5 - 10 strands at a time
Ken's advice is to not run my hands through it and spray it with hair spray
Today was my wig fitting session at Becky's Place
....I bought two hats, a scarf and some earrings made by a fellow survivor
Plan is for Charles to cut/plane/shave my hair on Monday

Day 18 (June 4, 2011)
Lots of hair coming out....fist fulls
Day 19 (June 5, 2011)
Hair continues letting go

June 6, 2011 - Treatment #2
Charles shaved my head after he got back from Charlotte and I got back from chemo
Then, to my surprise, he shaved HIS head to support me in the fight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment