Would you like an email notification of new blog entries?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Mammy Gram Challenge of 2011

Ok, now for a challenge!  Several of my friends have messaged me and said they'd scheduled their "Mammy Gram" (love the nickname, Amy!).  So, here's a goal I have set --- to help make my little journey reallllly feel like it is paying off. 

"Post a Comment" below once you schedule a mammogram for sometime this year (not that you intend to schedule it...but that you have scheduled it).....My goal is to have 5 people for every round of chemo I will be getting.....so, that is 6 rounds x 5 intelligent people = 30 mammy grams in 2011. 

You can remain anonymous or sign your name proudly! 

Please come back to this post when you can do that.  It will make me feel soooooooooo good and that great things are coming from my speed bump.

7 comments:

  1. May 9th - 2:15!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Sherry!!! Thanks for posting...you made my night. You always were speedy gonzales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through my dear friend Kerri’s blog and have read every single word.

    My mother had breast cancer. She passed away when I was 8. Things were much different 30 years ago and I often wonder if she would still be here had things been where we are today.

    ANYWAY, even though I’m a stranger, you can add my name to your Mammy gram list! I’ve been getting them since I was in my 20’s and find it ironic that you posted this request on my birthday, April 23rd. Also ironic was that I got my “normal” mammogram results the same week that Kerri was diagnosed. I’ve always thought I would be the one…

    Thank you for sharing your journey! My heart breaks that you have had to experience this and think about things no mommy of young babies should have to think about.

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. I forgot to tell you my initial reaction when I clicked on your blog. I don't know you with hair but you look so BEAUTIFUL bald!

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete