Would you like an email notification of new blog entries?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2011

PET/CT scan Results


This was shortly after I got home from spending my first night
away from the girls due to my 'radioactivity'.  :)
 I called to see if they were able to give me any results from the scan.  At first I was told it was too early.  Then I explained that the reason I had called the next day was because the scheduler of the scan said that I may be able to get results before the weekend.  So, the lady said she'd check with the doctor because there was no written report yet.  She called back just about 20 minutes later and said, "Mrs. McCall, this is Mrs. House.  The doctor said your scan was normal." 

Long pause.  I told her thank you in a shaky voice and cried as I drove home to see my girls.  Right after that, Charles called me to tell me that he had done as I'd asked and called to double check that it was safe for me to be with the girls, and he said that I had spent more than the time needed, even if I hadn't had as much fluids as they recommended.  I was already crying and he was saying those words to me as I was driving into the neighborhood.   I parked.  Left everything in the car.  And went inside to see my girls.

Now, this is the point in the story where Disney music plays and I scoop both the girls up in my arms and they smile so big because they are so happy to see me and missed me so much.

But, just like the difference between decorating the Christmas tree and the warm fuzzy visions you have before you're actually doing it.......I walked in....Molly didn't make eye contact with me .... she was too tired, I suppose.  And Macy was taking a nap.  So, I hugged on Molly anyway. 

I had a great afternoon with fun friend visits.  I felt like I was on cloud 9 the whole afternoon.

On Thursday, I go to see Dr. Butler and hopefully he'll elaborate on those scan results and explain what chemotherapy medicines I'll get. 

Next, I need to get moving on getting at least one wig and some hats/scarves, etc.....I want to be ready for the new me.  :)

Thanks for all your emails and comments!  Sometimes, I only have a chance to read them and then, duty calls with the girls.  So, please know I'm reading every every word....twice, actually....and I am feeding off your encouragement.  Much love to you!

1 comment:

  1. (Whiny voice): I wanna be part of the fun friend visits!! Patrick tooooo!!

    ReplyDelete